- This event has passed.
July 14 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Are you studying for the Peer Recovery Specialist certification exam? Going to school for social work or considering it in the future? Just curious and want to keep your skills sharp? Join our study group!
The study group will meet weekly for 6 weeks from July 14 – August 18. Here is the schedule of dates and topics:
- July 14 – Principles of Recovery
- July 21 – Peer Recovery Support Defined
- July 28 – Active Listening and Motivational Interviewing
- Aug. 4 – Ethics: Culture, Rights, and Boundaries
- Aug. 11 – Ethics: Confidentiality and Professionalism
- Aug. 18 – Trauma, Resources, and Support Groups
The Iowa Board of Certification uses the IC&RC Peer Recovery Exam, so we will base our study on their study guide, available here. This guide is available as a free download, but you don’t to have it to join the group.
We will also talk about ideas from social work that apply to our work as peer support. Applying these ideas to our everyday work helps us remember them, and also helps us understand why these topics matter.
If Zoom asks for a passcode to enter, use: Peer