1. READ AND AGREE
Since this meeting is online and over the phone, please keep your phone muted to avoid background noise while someone is talking.
Also, please be sure you unmute your phone when you would like to say something.
2. GROUP GUIDELINES
Group Guidelines tell us how we are going to care for each other in the group. They provide mutual acceptance, consideration and protection that are often hard to find in the real world. We will follow these guidelines in each group to create a safe place we all need.
- Absolute confidentiality.
- Be respectful.
- Be mindful of others; no monopolizing or cross talk.
- Let’s keep conversation in the here and now.
- Empathize with each other’s situation.
3. PRINCIPLES OF SUPPORT
Principles of Support represent what we are striving for as we struggle to come to terms with our recovery, wellness and/or mental illness while working in the Peer Support Specialist field. These principles regard universal, necessary truths that guide and strengthen us when life deals us a particular challenge.
- We aim for better wellness skills
- We find strength in sharing experiences
- We won’t judge anyone’s pain as less than our own
- We accept that we cannot solve all problems
- We expect a better future in a realistic way
- We WILL NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
PLEASE ENTER YOUR EMAIL IN THE CHAT BOX IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AND/OR REMINDERS ABOUT GROUP MEETINGS.